Apple Cider Vinegar: Uses and Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is made through fermentation of apple cider and has a pale to medium amber color appearance to it. It is considered to be one of the most popular forms of vinegar and is very easily available online as well as in the nearby grocery store/ departmental stores for one purchase it for themselves. Apple cider vinegar has various advantages for people when consumed in the right proportion and are helpful in the promotion of health-promoting enzymes as well as probiotics. Apple cider vinegar is widely popularized for keeping blood sugar in check, helps in managing weight loss as well as helps in improving the appearance of acne and scars on the skin.
Therefore, here is a complete list of various benefits and uses of the apple cider vinegar which would help you to lead a better and healthy lifestyle.
- Clears out Cold and Congestion – Apple Cider Vinegar comes very handily at the time when you suffer from severe cold. The reason behind it is that Apple Cider Vinegar substance like potassium present in it, which helps in clearing out the stuffing of the nose which is also known as nasal congestion during the time of cold and hence, it assists in providing instant relief from cold and cough completely.
- Promotes Healthy Skin from Within – Apple Cider Vinegar provides various benefits to our body especially to our skin as it assists in lightening the appearance of scars well thanks to the presence of lactic acid present in them. Therefore, it helps in reducing the appearance of acne breakout and scar from various injuries which may appear to other individuals. Apple Cider vinegar is well-popularized for its anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial properties to protect the skin from outside invasion. Apple cider vinegar is infused with some great components such as acetic acid, lactic acid, citric acid etc. and all of them has shown a significant impact in preventing the growth of bacteria which causes acne.
- Natural Teeth Whitener – Yellow stains on the teeth could be really tough to remove and using artificial chemicals doesn’t really help in clearing them and might deteriorate our teeth as well. Therefore, one can switch to a much healthy alternative for keeping their teeth white that is to gargle with apple cider vinegar. Its anti-bacterial properties kill bacteria present in gums too.
- Controls the level of Cholesterol – Cholesterol is the main culprit behind of the heart-related diseases people are suffering from nowadays. When there is high level of cholesterol present in our body it ultimately puts a strain on our heart altogether which leads heart putting an extra force in order to circulate the blood throughout the body and here comes the role of Apple Cider vinegar as this vinegar helps in promotion of heart health by controlling the level of cholesterol in our body. Moreover, it promotes the emergence of good cholesterol over the bad ones. So how can one control cholesterol with it? Well, it can be done through consumption of two tablespoons of the vinegar (i.e. apple cider vinegar) before having any meal on a regular basis to get the best result.
Other Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar –
Other uses which proves as to why apple cider vinegar is much more superior and health-friendly than any other vinegar out there –
- Provides Bursts of Energy- Life can be extremely stressful at times which can make you feel tired on a daily basis. This happens when body stores a large amount of lactic acid which ultimately leads to loss of energy and here, apple cider vinegar comes handy as it has substance like potassium and many other enzymes which helps you feel less tired and more energetic. All you need is just one or maximum two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixing it with a plain pint of water.
- Instant Sunburn Reliever – Sunburn can happen to anybody and apple cider vinegar is a common and natural remedy to relieve sunburn as well as dry skin. To repair sunburn completely, add a cup of apple cider vinegar to one-fifth of a lavender essential oil or some other essential oil to a lukewarm water and take a bath.
- Helps in Losing Weight – Apple Cider vinegar can be used for enhancing the weight loss due to presence of acetic acid, drinking it before a meal makes you feel full and hence, help you to eat less. It is also recommended by many health and fitness trainers to consume apple cider vinegar as in order for an individual to effectively manage their weight loss effects since this vinegar has almost minimum amount of the sugar content in them. To manage the weight loss in effective manner, what an individual can do apart from drinking vinegar, is that he/she should also keep in check their daily calorie intake. Moreover, apple cider vinegar assist in increasing the rate of one’s metabolism too.
- Dandruff-free Hair – Apple Cider Vinegar can be used for tacking one of the most common hair problems i.e. Dandruff since, it has anti-fungal properties and thus, eliminates dandruff-causing fungus. For dandruff-free hair, mix two tablespoons of water with at least two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and apply this mixture to your hair for five to seven minutes and rinse thoroughly. Repeat the process if and when needed and boom your hair will be dandruff-free in no time.
- Blood Sugar Management – It has been scientifically proven that when apple cider vinegar is consumed after eating any meal, it consequently led to a decreased level of blood sugar in diabetic patient. The reason behind it is that apple cider vinegar increases the body’s insulin sensitivity. Maintaining the high level of insulin may lead to resistance to insulin and therefore, leads to developing a problem of high blood sugar level and subsequently leading to diabetes. In order to maintain your blood sugar level, try adding two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a pint of water before having any meal.
- Protection against Fungus – Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-inflammatory as well as antiseptic properties which help in reducing the growth of fungus and prevents future occurrences of problems of fungal infections like toenail fungus or yeast infection etc.
- Helps in managing Blood Pressure – High blood pressure leads to weakening of the heart as the heart needs to push harder to circulate blood to the entire body and as a result, deteriorates and weakens the heart health over a period of time. Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing the blood pressure which keeps your heart and minds healthy as well as strong. This is because apple cider vinegar has acetic acid present in it which leads to reducing the level of blood pressure while keeping cholesterol in check.
- Smooth and lustrous locks – Hair may lose their shine due to pollutant present in the environment. Therefore, mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, a pint of plain water and steep a bag of herbal tea for cutting down the acetic acid of vinegar as well as for an added herbal scent and by rinsing hair with this mixture could help in restoring the hair shine and makes your hair lustrous.