Lavender Oil Benefits
Lavender is a popular and known plants which is being used for in various dishes to elevate their look and its scent is probably one of the most soothing scents in the entire world. Though, the plant is used to relax the spirit and the mind but what people don’t know that the lavender essential oil is very beneficial for your skin, hair, and health. Lavender oil is extracted from the lavender plant through the process of water or steam distillation. In ancient time, lavender oil was solely used for making perfumes.
Lavender Oil benefits for the Skin
- Treats Acne – Lavender oil has various anti-inflammatory as well as antiseptic properties which fights acne-causing bacteria and inflammation. This essential oil is so effective in clearing out acne that aromatherapist also uses this particular essential oil for treating acne problems in individuals. In order to treat acne and its break-out effectively, dab a little portion of lavender essential oil in a cotton and apply it all around the face. This process helps in total removal of blemishes from the face and fights acne effectively.
- Effective in treating Eczema – Eczema is a skin condition wherein the patches of the skin become extremely dry, itchy, red and rough. In such skin condition, lavender oil comes in handy as this essential oil has the capability of relieving the itchy skin as well as reduces the symptoms of Eczema. Lavender oil helps in decongesting the irritated area by adding moisture to the skin and as a result, it increases the rate of the healing process of the skin.
- Detoxify the Skin – Due to increasing number of pollutants in the environment and harmful rays of the sun could really uneven our skin tone making skin dull and lifeless and with each passing day, the health of our skin is only deteriorating. Therefore, in such situation in order to detoxify the skin, lavender essential oil comes in handy as it has powerful antioxidants which help in reducing the harm done by environmental pollutant on our skin and limits the growth of bacteria on the skin.
- Healing of Burns – The lavender oil is filled with anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial properties which helps in speeding the healing rate of burns as well as scars which occurs due to some accident or injuries. Additionally, lavender oil also acts as a skin reliever and in order to effectively heal skin burns, one should apply the essential oil onto the burnt area of the skin while keeping it under running water for almost 10 minutes, this process helps in speeding up the process of healing the burn which occurs from an accident but one should note that in case of a serious burn, one should immediately consult a physician or dermatologist.
- Heals Insect Bites – The lavender essential oil helps in quick healing of insect bites due to the presence of anti-inflammatory as well as various anti-oxidants. Insect bites could be really painful and in such situation, lavender oil emerges to be a very helpful essential oil. And in order to heal the insect bite completely, simply out few drops of lavender oil onto the area which is affected by the insect bite and in minutes, one could really see a reduction in the amount of swelling and redness around the skin as well as soothes the skin. Thus, lavender essential oil acts as a pain reliever in such situations and good insect repellent.
- Treats Tired Muscles – After a long tiring day at work who wouldn’t like a good massage to treat those tired muscles and this is where lavender oil comes handy. One can prepare a lavender-infused bath by adding 4 to 5 drops of lavender oil in a large bowl of warm water and subsequently soak in your hands and legs for nearly 10 minutes in order to relax those tired muscles with lavender essential oil. Alternatively, you can also rub lavender oil onto your legs before going to sleep to soothe your skin as well as to soften and hydrate the rough patches on the skin if there is any.
Lavender Oil benefits for the Hair
Lavender oil is helpful in the promotion of hair growth and treats the various health-related problem such as dandruff, hair loss etc. It also promotes healthy scalp and hair condition. The various other benefits which Lavender oil has for hair are as follows:-
- Hair Loss Management – Lavender oil helps in fighting depression, stress, and anxiety which are another factor for hair loss. Since lavender oil helps in soothing such anxiety disorder, it ultimately helps in treating hair loss by controlling it effectively. One can massage the scalp with it on a regular basis to improves the growth of their hair as according to a research, it helps in improving blood circulation that subsequently helps in controlling hair loss. It is also believed that once lavender oil is mixed with other essential oil can effectively help in managing the common problem of hair loss.
- Treats the problem of Alopecia Areata – It is an autoimmune disease which subsequently leads to hair loss in patches. Massaging the dry scalp with lavender essential oil helps in soothing the skin and assist in growing back of the hair within the next few months. A therapeutic massage with lavender oil helps in improving the rate of blood circulation in order to improve the overall health of the scalp and hair. A study has shown that lavender oil effectively curbs the problem of Alopecia Areata.
- Controls Dandruff – In order to effectively control the problem of dandruff, mix 15 to 20 drops of lavender oil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or almond oil and then subsequently, heat this mixture for about 10 seconds. Massage this mixture onto your scalp entirely and cover it up with a shower cap. Keep it for at least 1 hour and wash it all off with the help of a mild shampoo and lukewarm water. Alternatively, you can also mix lavender essential oil, rosemary essential oil along with three tablespoons of unscented oil together and massage this mixture thoroughly onto the scalp for 10 minutes and after then one can wash it by using a mild shampoo or herbal shampoo. It is also believed Lavender oil is effective in relieving from various other scalp related problems.
- Good Conditioner – Lavender essential oil can also be used as a natural conditioner in order to have silky and smooth hair. For this, boil one-fourth cup of dried lavender in two cups of water while adding 4-6 drops of lavender oil onto the mixture. Rinse your hair completely and then leave the mixture onto your hair for 15 minutes at least. This process helps in making your hair shiny, smooth, dandruff-free and full of fragrance.
Lavender Oil Benefits For Health
The regular usage of Lavender oil helps in improving the overall health of an individual as it helps in treating insomnia by applying the essential oil onto a small portion of your skin and few drops on your pillow for a good and relaxing sleep. Lavender oil also helps in tackling problems of depression, anxiety disorders and cures headaches.